Reach Volunteering is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, email address or mailing address.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Reach Volunteering (a Charity registered in England and Wales No 278837 and Scotland SC041623) of 3rd Floor Camelford House, 87-89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, Company No. 01452482 (“Reach”)
Personal Data we may collect from you
Reach will collect, store and process information about you:
Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at www.reachvolunteering.org.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, promote or apply for volunteer opportunities via Reach, communicate with Reach or other users through the site and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, (or in the case of organisations such details relating to individual members of their staff), personal description and photograph (if applicable), your volunteer profile, CV or work history, skills and volunteering related interests and availability.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- services, charities, postings that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources.
We occasionally work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, crime prevention authorities, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We work closely with charity partners and may receive from them information about your charity placements.
Uses made of your Personal Data
The purposes for which we process your information.
This may include the following:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and agreements entered into between you and us;
- to provide our charitable services for organisations, and for individuals who wish to volunteer;
- to publish on our publicly accessible website, or on partner websites, the name and contact details of the individuals named by organisations as their contacts;
- to publish on our publicly accessible website the profile of individuals who want to volunteer, including your experience, skills and a summary of the kind of opportunity you are looking for, but not your name or contact details. If you do not wish us to do this, please let us know by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). In that case we will publish on our site a list of your skills and charity causes you would like to help, the area you live in and the areas you are willing to volunteer in, the time you have available to volunteer, but not your name or contact details;
- to provide your CV and other details to organisations, where you have asked us to do so;
- to provide you with our newsletter and information about services we feel may interest you. We will contact you by electronic means and only if you have ticked the relevant box on the registration form;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to promote and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our services.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties including:
Business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
This may include disclosure of information about your placement(s) to corporate partners where we have entered into an employer supported volunteering programme to help you, as their employee, find volunteering assignments.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. (We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the Personal Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Reach Volunteering or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Reach Volunteering, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
How we keep your Personal Data safe
Reach aims to ensure that there are appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect any Personal Data you may provide to us. Within our office all our staff and volunteers receive training on handling data securely. Where we use external companies to collect or process data on our behalf we carry out checks on them before we work with them.
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, support services. Where this happens we will endeavour to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with the appropriate security requirements in line with our legal responsibilities. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Access to information and corrections
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date.
Volunteers and contacts at an organisation can update their Personal Data at any time to ensure it is accurate, adequate and limited to what is necessary. This can be done by logging in to their account on the Reach website.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to request a copy of the information Reach holds about you. Upon receipt of your written request we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or anonymise any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. Any access request in providing you with details of the information we hold about you will be dealt with by us without charge and within a period of 30 days.
Please note that any requests to anonymise Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed by us.
Reach will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide you a service. If you request that we stop sending you marketing material we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. We will not keep any information that we do not need.
Unless otherwise agreed Reach will anonymise a volunteer’s record if it has not been used for a period of 3 years. Reach will in any event e-mail the volunteer prior to this event to remind them that this will occur.
Unless otherwise agreed Reach will anonymise the contact details of an individual at an organisation if their account has not been used for a period of 6 years.