Our mission is ensuring the long-term survival of the rare and ancient Landbeach Tithe Barn, by breathing new life into the site, for everyone to enjoy. We are now looking for someone to coordinate, lead and develop our team and heritage asset.
As Chair of Trustees you will:
- Lead the Tithe Barn Trustees to maintain our vision and values.
- Join our board of 8 dedicated and engaged Trustees.
- Chair monthly evening board meetings. These currently take place via zoom.
- Contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets. Evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Lead the charity through its next phase by ensuring community use of the Tithe Barn and delivering an active programme of events.
- Ensure the continued maintenance and conservation of the Grade II listed Tithe Barn and surrounding green space.
- Enable strong relationships externally and internally, to be built and maintained.
- Ensure the financial stability of the charity.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with our governing document.
- Ensure compliance with the law.
- Act in the Tithe Barn Trust’s best interests.
This role will suit people who…
Can provide inspiring leadership including coaching, team development, motivation and communication.
Have excellent people and influencing skills.
Have experience of working with volunteers, external agencies, contractors, and community organisations.
Ideally have relevant audience-focused experience (e.g. hospitality, tourism, business) and a relevant qualification in the arts/heritage/natural environment.
Have strong project coordination skills.
Have an eye for detail and lots of enthusiasm.
Have good communication and strong organisational skills.
You will have the chance to make a real difference to a friendly and supportive charity at a time of significant development.
Being part of a team, volunteering for an amazing place and knowing that you’re helping a great cause – three fabulous reasons to volunteer with us.
Apart from the first charity trustees, every trustee is appointed for a term of three years.