Registering with Reach as a skilled volunteer means that you will become part of a community that wants to use their time and talents to make a real difference to society. It's free, quick and easy to register with us:
1. Register your email address
- Simply register your name and email address with us and create a user name.
- You will shortly receive a confirmation email with details of how to log in and set a password.
- Click on the link in the email to continue registration by creating your profile.
2. Create your profile
Once you’ve verified your email address, you will be directed to a form to create your profile. Give a full picture of your background so that Reach staff and charities searching for volunteers can find and suggest opportunities for you. Completing the registration form should take no more than 10 minutes.
- Please include your CV: it will be kept confidential until you apply for an opportunity but it is an important way for Reach to discover your skills and experience so we can match you to volunteer opportunities.
- Think about your relevant skills and experience: consider this beforehand as this will save you time completing the form. You can always go back to update your profile once you are registered.
Once you have submitted your form, we will check you have three or more years’ relevant professional experience. Reach only matches skilled volunteers – read more about our criteria on being a skilled volunteer.
3. What happens next?
You will receive a confirmation email once your form is submitted and another within two working days to let you know you have been accepted as a skilled volunteer and your registration is complete.
In the meantime, you can:
- Search for roles (and bookmark them for later)
- Set up email alerts
4. Find a volunteering opportunity
Once your registration is complete, you can:
- Search for opportunities that need your expertise. You can also set up email alerts so that you are notified when any new potential matches are added to the system.
- Directly contact charities who have roles that interest you. You can send an enquiry or apply with just one easy click.
- Charities can message you with opportunities if they are interested in your skills and background. (You can deselect this option if you wish).
- You may receive suggestions of roles the Reach team believe will be of interest to you.
- Get to know your dashboard. That’s the secure area of the website that contains items that are individual to you. Those include messages between you and the organisations you are interested in, suggested roles and the status of your applications.
5. Apply for an opportunity
When you apply for an opportunity you can send a covering message to the charity outlining why you are interested in the position.
At this stage the charity is able to review your CV. They will get back in touch within three days. It is now between you and the charity to agree the next steps.
Visit our Knowledge centre for resources related to volunteering and what you should expect.
Our Reach volunteer advisors are also available to speak to if you have any questions about the volunteer/trustee recruitment process.
If you have any questions to ask our team, please contact us.