Full or part days up to 15 hours per week.
Weekend meetings are possible, evenings are fine.
I have volunteered in the past when work commitments allowed as both a school governor and local politician.
I have now retired from full time working as a Chief Executive Officer in a healthcare company.
I have a number of skill sets built up over my forty years in healthcare such as;
1. Strategic planning
2. Project Management
3. Financial budgeting
4. Training / mentoring
5. Public speaking at conferences and presenting complex issues to a wider audience.
6. Legal understanding of property leases and contracts. (although not legally qualified)
7. Executive board experience
8. Leadership at board level and also within volunteer organisations.
9. Wide understanding of Primary Healthcare
I live near Lancaster and have a full clean driving licence. I can travel to most locations in the North West thanks to the M6 and I am used to attending board meetings meetings in London when required by rail from Lancaster.
I am looking to use my experience at board level to assist local charities and other organisations in furthering their causes.
My main areas of interest are in Healthcare/ Education and Local Government but I also have interest in using my skill sets in new areas.
I have retired early from full time work to enable me to use my skills for non-profit organisations in addition to working as a part time healthcare consultant in the Primary Healthcare sector.