Formerly known as Southampton Rape Crisis, we are a charity established in 1985 to reduce the negative impacts of sexual and domestic abuse. Based in Southampton, Yellow Door offers support and informative services to children, young people, men, women and families across Western Hampshire as well as the Isle of Wight through a variety of different services to promote healthy relationships, and help people lead happier, empowered lives.
We provide a range of therapeutic and practical services, as well as preventative educational programmes. These include:
- One on one counselling, for both adults and children/young people
- Therapeutic Groups developed and delivered to meet particular needs (i.e. Safer Relationships, Emotional Coping Skills, Young People's Creative Arts Group)
- Family Therapy
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA)
- Diversity and Inclusion Advocacy Service
- The Star Project: Our award winning intervention and prevention outreach programme.
- Family Support
In addition, we also work in close partnership with other agencies within the region in the delivery of the PIPPA (Prevention Intervention Public Protection Alliance) Helpline, which works as an umbrella for all agencies working to prevent abuse within Southampton and the vicinity.