People Matters creates opportunities for people with learning and other disabilities to be more independent and enjoy life in the same ways, and in the same places, as anybody else.
We support approx 250 adults and young people each year with a focus on raising aspirations,enabling and empowering through integrating education and social care. The difference we make has resulted in people living independently, working and gaining the social skills that has reduced isolation.
We aim to meet our objectives by:
• Bringing together people with different abilities, strengths and needs to enjoy learning and leisure
• Creating opportunities for people with learning and other disabilities to have key roles, paid and unpaid, in the running of the organisation
• Developing employment opportunities within the organisation, both paid and voluntary for people disadvantaged in the labour market
• Ensuring that staff and volunteers are supported and trained to work in ways that further the aims of the organisation
The services we offer include
• Community learning opportunities for adults with learning and other disabilities
• Leisure opportunities for adults and young people with learning and other disabilities
• 121 support for people with learning difficulties and other disabilities
We are also working on developing a social business that will increase the work related training and employment opportunities we can offer.