Mach Maethlon is a community organisation based in the Dyfi Valley working to increase the resilience of our local food system and strenghten our community through food. There are currently 3 projects under the umbrella of Mach Maethlon.
There are currently 3 projects under the umbrella of Mach Maethlon:
- Creating edible gardens around Machynlleth with the support of local volunteers - the crops are free for anyone to pick.
- Holding workshops for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn how to grow and cook.
- Supporting local growers by matching them with volunteers who want to help and learn to grow food.
- Delivering seedpacks to local families.
- Bringing the local community together through seasonal events and shared meals.
Pathways to Farming
- Offering year long training in food production – training growers for the future.
Green Isle Growers
- A growers’ co-operative of producers in the Dyfi Valley. We have several growing sites and produce sustainable, chemical free food. We offer residents a weekly healthy, local veg-bag from June to December.