The Friends of Crystal Palace Park are a charitable CIO who have the following broad objectives:
– the preservation, conservation, protection and improvement of Crystal Palace Park, a Grade II* listed historic park for the benefit of the public
– to advance the education of the public in general in the physical and natural environment, conservation, protection and improvement, local and national heritage and history, natural history and biodiversity of Crystal Palace park and the surrounding area and to promote science in respect of the same
– to provide or assist in the provision of facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances or for the public at large with the object of improving their conditions of life.
– We hold monthly gardening volunteering sessions in the park on the second Sunday of every month. We meet at the Information Centre from 2pm (opposite the former cafe at the bottom end of the Park).
– We open the Information Centre at weekends and manage the facility for community groups to use in the week. Come and see us 11-3pm Saturdays and Sundays if you are interested.
– We send out a Quartley newsletter to the community so people know what is going on with our wonderful park
– We are part of a Federation of Community Groups working on joint community projects and joint funding applications