Friends of ADI is a UK registered charity which works in partnership with Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI), the global federation of Alzheimer associations across the world. Friends of ADI aims to raise funds to:
- support capacity building for Alzheimer associations to provide services for people living with dementia, their families and carers;
- to raise awareness and encourage research into Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia across the world.
- to reduce the stigma surrounding Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
Friends of ADI is a fundraising body which raises income to support initiatives which include:
1) Alzheimer's University: our training programme for Alzheimer associations which builds their skills to become sustainable including governance, strategic planning, working with volunteers, communications, fundraising and advocacy
2) World Alzheimer's Month: ADI runs an annual awareness campaign throughout September, to raise awareness about Alzheimer's and challenge stigma around the world.
3) Support our global advocacy efforts to promote the importance of governments to develop and implement national dementia strategies, through attendance at events (including the World Health Assembly, G20/C20 and UN High Level meetings) and meetings with Health and Social Welfare Ministries around the world.
4) Produce research reports and other communications to highlight the need for further investment in research and better provision of care and support for people living with dementia, their families and carers.