The outreach work of the Company provides advice and information to members of the public interested in the study of family history, genealogy and heraldry by means of face to face consultation at public events and by distribution of ‘our really useful information leaflet’ at such events.
The leaflet is also available to download via the Company’s website and is supplied in printed form to interested parties and to external organisations who are involved in teaching and promoting the study of family history, genealogy and heraldry.
- A general information service is available to the public online, by telephone and by post.
- An electronic NewsList is provided with the aim of keeping all subscribed family historians up to date with breaking news.
- A Bi-monthly Newsletter is distributed to about 13,500 subscribed individuals and organisations with an interest in family history, genealogy and heraldry.
- Social Media is used to reach a wider audience and to promote out Member Societies .
- The Company operates a Book Review Club, to provide online reviews of books aimed at family, local and social historians.
- The Company liaises with external organisations to ensure that the interests of all family historians are represented at both National and local level including The National Archives, General Register Office, Regional Archives, Probate Service, British Records Association, Archives and Records Association and Record Offices as well as many other related bodies to ensure that it is able to disseminate up to date information to family historians via its electronic mailing lists and bi-monthly Newsletter.
- The Company has provided financial support towards various projects such as The National Archives computerisation of the Manorial Documents Register (MDR) for public benefit.