Facial Palsy UK is still a young charity, founded in 2012, but we have already made a significant impact on the lives of many people affected by facial paralysis. The work that we do includes:
- Local support groups for adults with facial palsy
- Family days for children with facial palsy and their families
- Providing information and support via our website, telephone and email.
- Raising awareness of facial palsy and how it impacts on the lives of those affected.
- Increasing awareness of the needs of facial palsy patients.
- Instigating research projects for the long-term benefit of people affected by facial palsy. Very few research projects investigating the causes and treatments of facial palsy are currently being undertaken.