Vision, Mission & Objectives
Stirling Carers Centre has:
To fulfil the above the organisation seeks to:
Stirling Carers Centre offers a range of services to unpaid carers that are free, confidential and impartial. To achieve our strategic priorities and intended outcomes of our business plan, over the period 2017-20 the organisation proposes to continue to support unpaid carers in their caring role by delivering the services detailed below:
Young Adult Carers Service
Young Carers Service
Additional Services/Opportunities delivered by Stirling Carers Centre
▪ Engagement with all GP practices throughout the Stirling Council area to ensure that they are aware of, and are able to identify and refer, unpaid adult and young carers to the Centre for support
▪ Information services through access to Stirling Carers Centre’s regularly updated website www.stirlingcarers.co.uk
▪ Ongoing carer support by accessing our Twitter feed and Facebook page
▪ Thrice yearly newsletters to all registered carers and professionals providing up to date information on services available to carers, opportunities to access activities and events and up to the minute updates on topical issues that may impact on unpaid carers and the people they care for
▪ Volunteering opportunities to assist and support adult and young carer services
▪ Co-ordinating and providing opportunities for unpaid carers to access the planning of new local services, and participating in the development of Local Action Plans aligned to the Adult Carers Strategy and the Young Carers Strategy.
▪ Stirling Carers Centre also offers access to a young carers’ virtual carers service through www.youngcarers.net.