ACDA was established in 2023 and formally registered as a non-profit making and non-political, relief and development organisation with the object of making a difference in the development of communities in the UK, the Horn and East of Africa Region with specific emphasis on Somaliland. The key people involved in the promotion of the organisation are professional Somaliland nationals who are resident in the UK and Somaliland. For the start, ACDA is promoting collaboration with the local authorities, community, LNGOs and INGOs operating in Somaliland, Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia as a way of contributing to their homeland.
The organization shall be known as Advocacy & Capacity Development Association and could be refer to as ACDA. The Company registered office is to be in Wales, England, The Republic of Somaliland and with registered offices in Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti and partnership with Southern Sudan. Program subject to funding and our focus:
• agriculture and environment
• gender/women empowerment
• diaspora volunteering/community volunteering
• governance and the rule of law
• health and wellbeing
• education & training/job creations
• information/media support service
• capacity development and mentoring
• enterprise and income generation
• develop & promote the use of information technology in all our areas of work and the wider community
• relief and rehabilitations due to draught and climate
• emergency preparedness and risk mitigations
• wash activities
•promoting and providing Services to Communities in Wales and England subject to needs.