Organisation: Age Uk Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest
|Location||Bromsgrove, West Midlands, B60 2BJ|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home|
|Travel limit||Local knowledge would be a bonus - Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest area|
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest working proactively across North Worcestershire to make it a better place for all people to grow older.
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest has an ambitious 5 year strategy to 2021 to ensure that we deliver a range of high quality services which will improve independence and inclusion, either directly or in partnership, for all people over the age of 50 in North Worcestershire.
We are a growing and evolving organisation, dedicated to supporting our ageing society and helping them to live meaningful and rewarding lives, safely. We are currently looking for new Trustees to join our established, ambitious Board.
We believe in developing a diverse Board and welcome applications from people who can bring a variety of skills and experience to our team. An interest in creating better communities, valuing people and sharing a passion for improving the lives of people as they grow older are the key qualities that we desire for our Board. Ideal applicants will have some commercial experience and an interest in the health and well-being of others.
For further information please email email@example.com with your Expression of Interest.
- Fundraising strategy
- Marketing strategy
- General management
- Health and safety
- Social care / counselling
Your role will be to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs ensuring its viability and focus on improving the lives of people in North Worcestershire as they grow older. You should have a genuinely strategic focus including:
- Expertise and management experience
- Commitment and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgment
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- Good communication skills
- Management and Leadership skills
- Experience of committee work
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What impact the opportunity will have
Support people to live rewarding and meaningful lives avoiding loneliness and isolation as they grow older.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
The opportunity to work within a friendly team optimising and expanding your previous experience and skills in an altruistic manner. There is no remuneration for this role but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Mostly during office hours
Regular attendance at Board meetings and/or Committee meetings, to be arranged flexibility.