As a Trustee, you will play a vital role in guiding the strategic direction of the organisation, shaping our initiatives and helping us to make a profound impact on the lives of thousands of young Londoners seeking friendship and support.
As a new Trustee, we seek an individual who can actively contribute to addressing the current challenges and advancing the project's goals. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can:
- Growth and Strategic Insights: As the project continues to grow and gain recognition, the board seeks to scale its impact and reach more young adults experiencing loneliness in London. We are looking for individuals who can offer valuable perspectives and expertise to help shape the organisation's long-term growth and marketing strategies.
- Sustainability and Fundraising: Ensuring the long-term sustainability of the organisation is a key priority and we aim to diversify funding sources and develop strategies to secure financial support for the project's initiatives. We are looking for trustees who are able to utilise networks and connections to support fundraising activities and attract new funding opportunities.
- Research and Evaluation: Over the next 12-18 months, we will be conducting rigorous research and evaluation to measure the effectiveness of the project's interventions and improve outcomes for its participants. We are looking for trustees who can contribute to the board's oversight of research and evaluation efforts, ensuring data-driven decisions and continuous improvement.
- Foster Partnerships: We will be strengthening collaborations with universities, mental health organisations, and community partners is vital to extend the project's reach and influence in combating loneliness. We are looking are looking for trustees who will actively engage in building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, universities, and community organisations to strengthen the project's presence and collaborative efforts.
- Governance: We are hoping to develop a strong governance structure, transparency, and compliance with legal and ethical standards, and so we are very interested in individuals with previous board or governance experience in non-profit organisations.
We value diversity and are looking for individuals who bring a mix of skills, attributes, and perspectives to the board. We are particularly interested in candidates who possess one or more of the following:
As a Trustee at The Great London Friendship Project, you will have a significant and wide-ranging impact on the organisation's overall success and ability to achieve its mission of combating loneliness among young adults and fostering a sense of community.
Your contributions will be instrumental in shaping and develop the organisation's strategic direction, governance, community impact, and sustainability.