Someone with the experience to maintain effective governance of the charity’s affairs, ensure its financial viability, and ensure proper processes and procedures are in place to maintain all financial records, decisions, and delegations.
To maintain effective governance of the charity’s affairs, ensure its financial viability, and ensure proper processes and procedures are in place to maintain all financial records, decisions, and delegations.
• To assist and advise in the formation of the charity’s strategy, having regard, particularly to ensuring that the Charity has the resources to deliver the strategy.
• To ensure that the Board receives appropriate budgetary and financial information on the activities of the charity, including Annual Accounts
• To ensure that all accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies
• To ensure that proper records are kept and to recommend to the Board appropriate and effective accounting procedures, controls, and policies consistent with the scheme of delegation.
• To oversee the appointment of auditors and review on a regular basis.
• To work in close partnership with the Director of the charity in all matters financial
• To ensure that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
• To ensure that the charity monitors the performance of its investments and to set an appropriate reserves policy
• To ensure that all equipment and assets are adequately maintained and accounted for.
• To ensure that the Board is aware of its financial duties and responsibilities and the need to comply with its governing document, charity law, company law, and all relevant legislation
• To ensure that all financial policies, procedures, and the appointment of external financial advisors are reviewed on a regular basis
• To ensure that the Board’s scheme of delegation is reviewed on a regular basis
• To act as Chair of the Finance and Governance sub-committee of the Board (if convened)
General responsibilities of a Trustee
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Treasurer as a Trustee has the following general responsibilities:
The role of Treasurer is so important to us - not only do we need someone to keep us on track financially and keep us viable, but even more significantly, we are looking for someone to help us formulate our vision for the future.
Your application should be via Reach Volunteering.
Submit the paperwork for application as follows: