AGNAHP is a leading, local & international innovative charity with enthusiastic experts, inspiring and enabling positive change in the healthcare sector in the UK & Guyana. We are desperately in need of your financial acumen!
Our teams work where they are most needed, delivering support within the healthcare for individuals and communities in the UK & Guyana.
Communities across the UK & Guyana rely on our support, and we want to be able to do even more to help them. We want to grow and further our social agenda by addressing a wider range of healthcare needs. Our range of work is extremely varied and further information can be found on our website:
AGNAHP has a skills-based board comprising a mix of individuals with professional skills and a community focus who are passionate about supporting the healthcare sector in the UK & Guyana. These are challenging times for charities and AGNAH has successfully adapted into a new way of working to continue to meet the needs of our local community and those abroad. If you have a clear head, lots of new ideas, drive, and ambition, you could help us continue our journey.
AGNAHP is specifically seeking a Treasurer and this role is so important to us - not only do we need someone to help us keep on track financially to ensure future viability, but even more significantly, we are looking for someone to help us formulate our vision for the future. The position will benefit from a handover from the current Chair. The Board meets 4-6 times per year after working hours and additional contributions are encouraged for Strategic Planning days, occasional training, and attendance at other events on an ad hoc basis.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, disabled and LGBT+ applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and at the Board level.
Qualities and Skills Preferred
Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
• As an organisational signatory, authorize the payments as required.
• Offer oversight to the Chair and board members to ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
• Work with the Chair and Company Secretary to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g., Companies House and Charity legislation) where appropriate.
• Offer oversight to ensure the recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
• Prepare and make a presentation of the accounts at the Annual General Meeting.
• Advise on the AGNAHP group reserves policy and investment policy where required; working with the Finance Manager to ensure that there is no conflict between any investments held and the aims and objectives of the charity.
• Contribute to any review and recommendations to the Board on organizational structure including reward and remuneration issues.
• Chair meetings of the Finance Committee.
AGNAHP is at a pivotal point in its history – we have just celebrated our 34year anniversary of supporting the healthcare sector in the UK & Guyana and we now need to ensure we maintain this. Getting the balance right between investing to generate income and being lean and cost-efficient is a tricky one. Whilst we have continued to grow over the last 34 years, the charity funding landscape is and always will be, difficult and we will face even more difficult years to come with rising costs. However, the impact we make on the ground for the most vulnerable in our communities is immeasurable and we are often seen as the "go-to" organization that is willing and able to give pretty much most things a try - working in partnership and collaboration with various affiliated partners. Trustees joining AGNAHP will be supporting a dedicated staff and leadership team who are able to work proactively and creatively together to make things happen.
The Treasurer will need to demonstrate that they have the same values, the same ambition, and the same desire to help - there is no "box-ticking" at AGNAHP!
Please contact us via Reach with any questions.
Interviews will be an informal Zoom chat with the Chair and 3 other trustees
Please provide a CVand covering letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your relevant experience.