- Copywriting / journalism
- Marketing strategy
- Public relations
Clapham, London (South), SW4 9DL
Mainly at home
Travel limit? 25 miles
Either in or out of office hours
Min 3 hours per week, more intensively in the fortnight running up to our annual Festival in May.
16 Feb 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to use your experience in the world of social media to help a newly established south London book festival grow its audience, boosting your skills and experience for a successful career.
We’re looking to recruit an enthusiastic and proactive Social Media Manager to review our social media strategy, grow our audience and stimulate engagement to support ticket sales for our next Clapham Book Festival (CBF) on 12 May 2018. You will review and update our social media channels and support our trustees by ensuring information about our 2018 programme and the authors taking part in it reaches the widest possible audience.
- Creating and delivering the CBF social media plan
- Managing the CBF Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Establishing new channels in keeping with changing social media trends
- Increasing followers and engagement to ensure optimum ticket sales
- Identifying appropriate and relevant stories, photographs etc for posting
- Reporting outcomes and audiences to our board of trustees
- Experience in dealing with consumer-targeted social media
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about books, reading and authors
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Familiarity with arts-related social media outlets (eg Twitter, blogs, Facebook etc)
- Good organisation and time management skills
- (Ideally) willingness to meet the trustees in Clapham, south London
doubled our attendance at the 2017 CBF; for 2018, we want to increase this again to ensure our authors get all the acclaim they deserve. We also want to build our brand awareness across south London to attract funding for future festivals and recruit new volunteers. These form part of our wider PR strategy which you, working with our trustees, will shape to deliver our desired outcomes.
- Opportunity to engage with established authors
- A neat project, with clear outcomes, for your CV which will support your growing career
- Chance to work with and learn from experienced professional trustees
We are based in Clapham, south London where we meet regularly. However this role could be done remotely from anywhere within the UK.
We are a charity set up to encourage writing, reading and the understanding of literature in and around Clapham, south London for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone living locally. We advance...