We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed candidate to join us as Social Media Exec to help us with promoting Kindness in Film Summit and Kindness during Christmas campaigns.
- Promote social media posts by engaging with followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Generate posts for campaigns such as our Kindness in Film summit (that seeks to build a kind approach to filmmaking, in front of and behind the camera), short documentary screening webinar and Kindness Workshops.
Background and skills include:
- Experience in working with social media platforms that includes planning, creating and posting content
- Experience with Google Ads and Youtube is desirable, not essential
- Recording monthly metrics into spreadsheet
- Degree in communications, marketing, or working experience
- Engagement with social media content to attract followers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong understanding of social media platforms
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent IT skills ( Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Highly organised, reliable, able to work to tight deadlines with good timekeeping
- We are looking for proactive candidate with an ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
Our charity empowers women and children with Kindness. Our workshops focus on educating children, through the visual medium of film, to have a greater sense of self-awareness by being kind to themselves, and to others. Higher emotional intelligence means an improved sense of well-being, and the ability to deal with deeper issues affecting mental health such as standing up to bullying, dealing with loneliness etc, all of which can start as early as primary school. Embedding very early on a culture of kindness to oneself and mindfulness to others means children are taught essential life skills to draw on - today as children, tomorrow as adults. An emotionally intelligent child is more likely to be happy, do well academically, grow up to be a confident adult, contributing positively to society and community, with a high regard for personal well-being.
Within this position, you will receive a warm welcome into our organisation, an opportunity to develop new skills, learn about the charity and aim sectors, a reference for your time working with us, along with remote and flexible working!