We are seeking an experienced and reliable Social Media Coordinator to manage the #DailyDose project for Actors of Dionysus - a charity specialising in ancient Greek drama. This project furthers our aim to make Classics more accessible.
You will work with our Artistic Director and General Manager to plan monthly/ bi-weekly themes for the Daily Dose project which is a video project on Twitter & Facebook where we share bitesize performances of ancient Greek drama from an array of Actors, Academics, Comedians, Students and more. The aim of the project is to share ancient texts (Greek, Roman, inspired by Myth) in an accessible format for all to enjoy.
Your role will involve:
1. Deciding themes for the project with the Artistic Director & General Manager.
2. Researching & Contacting potential people to read a Daily Dose.
3. Maintain up to date records of who & what has been performed.
4. Support on videography (the videos must be landscape, under 2mins 20secs and contain an introduction).
5. Manage quality control - we want to share high quality resources.
6. Manage the timeline for the day including scheduling on both Facebook and Twitter (looking into putting the DD on Instagram too)
7. Ensuring that the Tweets & Facebook post alongside the DD have the correct titles and information for each participant.
8. Promoting our GoFundMe alongside the DailyDose to try and convert views into donations.
We are looking for a volunteer with the following experience
We are looking for someone interested in developing their social media skills further, this opportunity will be a great chance to gather data on your specific influence on our social media channels that you can then demonstrate on your CV/ in interview. Our ideal volunteer will be able to work as part of a team but also take initiative and maintain strong attention to detail.
This role will have a very clear impact on the visibility of our charity, as a small team of 2 staff it is challenging to manage Social Media alongside all the other responsibilities of running a specialist Arts charity so your contribution will be a huge support to the current workloads of the AD & GM. Feedback from the Daily Dose so far has been fantastic with our audience sharing the way these texts give them hope for the future, access to Theatre throughout Lockdown and all sorts of interesting glimpses into the world of Academia.
An increase in followers & engagement in social media, particularly during lockdown, has a tangible effect on future donations and engagement with our productions. As a Charity, this all directly returns to our projects and mission to make magic out of myth and make the Classics accessible to all.
We are a friendly and creative team that is passionate about making Classics an accessible field. As a volunteer you will gain insights into the workings of a Theatre & Classics charity that has been creating work for over 27 years. It is a chance to make a real difference to those isolated by Covid-19 as we bring beautiful ancient words into their homes through Social Media.
The impact you make will be directly measurable through our analytics, you will be able to track in data the increase in impressions/ followers that you make on our pages. It will be an excellent opportunity to work with some of the leaders of the field in Classics & Theatre.