As a growing charity, this role is critical to our compliance with Charity governance and HR best practice, in particular as this relates to grassroots sport for young children.
The role will report to one of the Trustees. Key aspects will involve:
1. Reviewing existing policies and revising as necessary, for staff and volunteers.
2. Advising on any additional policies required, and drafting these
3. Staying abreast of developments in the HR field, and advising when changes are needed and implementing these.
4. Staying abreast of changes relating to charity governance, particularly relating to grassroots sports, and advising Trustees on best practice
5. Assisting in recruiting staff and volunteers, including writing job specs and posting jobs
6. Keeping records of qualifications of staff and volunteers, right to work etc, and managing updating of qualifications as required
HR training, preferably within the sports area
We are passionate about the power of sport to change young people's lives, and thrilled at the impact we are making on children from low income and/or ethnic minority backgrounds in South London. We are proud to be England Hockey's Diversity & Inclusion Champion. We will not accept less than best practice. We require an experienced professional to help us achieve this, preferably from an HR and/or compliance background.
Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your relevant experience.