Organisation: North West Air Ambulance charity
|Location||Knowsley, Merseyside, L337UY|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home, or mainly at the office.|
|Travel limit||Travel negotiable|
|Opportunity type||Short term project|
We are looking for someone with a background in health & safety to help us develop a system for vetting competence and producing a list of preferred suppliers across the North West.
You will work closely with our HR Management and health & safety consultant to implement a suitable and sustainable contractor management system. Typical tasks will include:
- Speaking with staff and managers to identify contractor needs
- Identifying competencies required for range of contractors
- Identifying a suitable system for vetting competencies
- This may require visiting our sites across the region
- Researching contractors and suppliers across the North West
- Pulling costs/proposal together
- Producing a preferred list of suppliers and contractors
- Implementing a sustainable contract management system
- Other duties as agreed with line manager
- Health and safety
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate and experienced volunteer with the following skills;
- Background in Health & Safety, operations/facilities and/or research
- Ideally some experience in selecting appropriate suppliers and contractors
- Excellent time keeping and ability to keep to deadlines
- Experience of writing proposal documents
- A high standard of writing and communication skills
- Good general IT skills
- An interest in learning about North West Air Ambulance charity
What impact the opportunity will have
We have a busy office in Knowsley and currently have 8 retail stores. We are looking for someone with relevant experience to help identify suitable contractors and implement a sustainable contractor management system.
Our retail stores are vital to raising the money needed to keep our three helicopters flying. The health & safety expert will help us to ensure our staff and volunteers are working in a safe environment and help us to maximise our spending.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
In return for your invaluable support as a NWAA volunteer you will benefit from:
- Ongoing support in your volunteering from NWAA
- Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Developing new and existing skills
- The chance to contribute to our life saving service
Either in or out of office hours
This is a new flexible role, there is no specific time commitment this can be discussed during your induction.
This is a new role and is totally flexible, for more information or to discuss the role please get in touch.
Additional application instructions
Please apply through the Reach website and we will be in touch to arrange an informal interview.