Organisation: AFFCAD UK
|Location||London , London (South), SE16 4BP|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home|
|Travel limit||None - FYI our office is based in Bermondsey|
|Opportunity type||Ongoing role|
AFFCAD UK is a small organisation supporting fantastic grassroots projects (youth empowerment, education, health) conducted in Bwaise, Uganda. We are in the progress of reinforcing our team, that's why we need YOU as our fundraising manager!
Your tasks as fundraising manager for AFFCAD UK include:
- recruit, organise and inspire volunteers
- research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- devise and organise fundraising campaigns, events and other fundraising activities
- spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
- attend meetings (we have a whole team meeting every second Wednesday at Hilton, London Bridge, 6pm)
- Fundraising events
- Fundraising strategy
- Researching funders / writing proposals
- Volunteer management
We need our future fundraising manager to have:
- fundraising experience
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- organisational skills
- creative ideas and approaches
- a strong commitment to the cause (long-term)
We need this person to be:
- adept at people management
- adept at building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers
What impact the opportunity will have
As mentioned above, we are in the stage of strengthening our team in the UK, so that roles become more clearly defined and team members can concentrate on their respective tasks.
You joining our team would mean that other members of the team could focus more on what they are really good at - essential to take AFFCAD UK a step further and refocus on raising awareness and funds for the people/community in Bwaise who we actually want to support!
What’s in it for the volunteer?
In AFFCADUK you'd find a small, young, friendly and dedicated team, working closely with the team in Uganda. So, sooner or later you might be on a plane to Entebbe to visit our parent organisation!
We consider ourselves more as a huge family of people working towards the same goals and sharing basic values as a "simple" team.
Either in or out of office hours
The time commitment will vary. Some periods of the year might be busier than others. We estimate the average time needed to do the role to be 5h/week.
Some important members of the team will be leaving London in summer. However, they will still be part of the team, working remotely. We are aware that this is going to be a big, challenging change within AFFCAD UK but we are sure that with the right people on board, we will manage. Still interested? Contact us!