The charity is in the process of dynamic change; in order to assist its 2,700 international members make a difference to disaster. Take the lead on developing a fundraising strategy and supervise other volunteers in implementing the plan.
The HLA provides training and education, professionalization of the role, global networking, research and knowledge, and events.
Skills & Abilities
General & Specialist Knowledge
• Knowledge of current best practices for charity fundraising - essential.
• Knowledge of international membership charities - desirable.
• Previous UK charity trustee experience - highly desirable.
• Previous experience with a membership charity - desirable.
• Previous experience with an international organisation - desirable.
• Ability to offer up to a day a week - essential.
• A commitment to the humanitarian imperative - highly desirable.
The role will enable HLA to pursue many of the exciting projects it has in mind, principally around engagement with members locally (especially the Global South) to increase training, knowledge-sharing and best practice.
The team at HLA is entirely volunteers and all are dedicated, led by the volunteer CEO who founded the charity in 2009. We have a number of high profile members of our advisory board and everyone is keen to make a difference to disaster, by improving the professionalism of our humanitarian logistics members.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed via Skype and then will be expected to travel to the Cotswold area or London for a meeting with the CEO (travel expenses will be reimbursed).