The aim of our charity is to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of older people, particularly those that struggle to access mainstream or other older people’s services. We are looking for new Trustees to hep us achieve those aims.
We are looking to recruit a Trustee with an appreciation of how charities and businesses operate. Basic finance knowledge is highly desirable. A demonstrated aptitude for constructive review is most important. This Trustee will join the Trustee Board and also the Finance Sub committee which supports the General Manager by offering overview of the Charity’s financial position.
Strategic leadership – The Board of Trustees should:
• Provide leadership to the charity, ensuring that the Charity has maximum impact for its beneficiaries
• Operate within its charitable objectives, and provides a clear strategic direction for the Charity
• Regularly review major risks and associated opportunities, and satisfy itself that systems are in place to take advantage of opportunities, and manage and mitigate the risks
• Ensure sound financial health of the charity, with systems in place to ensure financial accountability
Governance – The Board of Trustees should:
• Ensure that the governance arrangements are working in the most effective way for the Charity
• Encourage positive change and where appropriate address and resolve any conflicts within the Board
• Ensure that the Board of Trustees is regularly refreshed and incorporates the right balance of skills, knowledge and experience needed to govern and lead the charity effectively, and which also reflects the wider population
• Work within any agreed policies adopted by the charity
Relationship with the management team – The Board of Trustees should:
• Establish and build a strong, effective and a constructive working relationship with the General Manager, ensuring he is held to account for achieving agreed strategic objectives
• Support the General Manager, whilst respecting the boundaries which exist between the two roles
• Liaise with the General Manager to maintain an overview of the Charity’s affairs, providing support as necessary
The above list is indicative only and not exhaustive. The Trustees will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
Experience and Skills required
• Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to the charity, its strategic objectives and cause
• Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
• Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
• Ability to commit time to conduct the role well; Board meetings are every two months with a half day strategy day once per year.
• Experience of operating at a strategic level within an organisation
• Demonstration of empathetic achievement through their career
• Appreciation of charity governance and working is desirable
We need a diverse group of Trustees to enable the charity to develop and grow to serve to needs of the community. The specific skills mentioned are current skill sets which are an opportunity for TAP.
Please contact us via Reach with any questions.