Do you live in mid Wales? Could you join our Board of Directors and help us to continue to make a difference in mid and north Powys?
Our Board meets in person the second Tuesday of every month at 5.15pm in Llandrindod Wells.
Our biggest challenges as an organisation are dealing with the exceptionally high levels of demand for mental health services we are currently experiencing, as a result of the pandemic and now exacerbated by the cost of living crisis. The challenges of short term funding opportunities and also adapting as an organisation to our growth of recent years.
Below are some of the qualities we would be looking for. Obviously we do not expect all of these in one person, but it might give you some idea of the characteristics we would be looking for in a new Director:
· A commitment to Mid and North Powys Mind and the charity’s aims and values
· A willingness to devote the necessary time and make a positive contribution to the working of the organisation
· The ability to think creatively
· An understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of being a Director
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve collective goals
· Personal integrity, accountability and honesty
· The enthusiasm to commit to the working of the Board to further the charity’s goals
· Business and/or financial skills
You will volunteer closely with the other members of Mid & North Powys Mind's Board and Senior Management Team, to oversee the running of the organisation and it's strategic direction. The charity has grown considerably in recent years and is very proud of its reputation as a quality mental health service provider.
Contact us via the Reach platform with a brief email stating why you are interested in the role. An informal interview will take place with myself and our Chair. References and a DBS check are undertaken. Further information about the organisation is provided and people are invited to observe a meeting.