Organisation: Harmoney Community Interest Company
|Location||Hamworthy, Poole, Dorset, BH16 5BH|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at the office|
|Travel limit||Based in Hamworthy, Poole. No limit, but travel expenses for long journey may need to be considered.|
|Opportunity type||Ongoing role|
We're a recently-founded non-profit working to help people manage their money so it doesn't cause or contribute to worry or mental ill-health. We're looking for help with bookkeeping: both setting up systems and entering transactions.
- Set up office systems so that we correctly record, and store information about transactions
- Input transactions and conduct reconciliations
- Submit payroll information to HMRC
- Engage with HMRC about tax issues such as National Insurance
- Assist with financial monitoring (comparison of actual vs. budget)
- Assist with development of budgets and forecasts
Our organisation is currently very small and so the amount of time entering transactions will be minimal - the main issue is helping us to ensure we are doing everything we should be.
We are currently a not-for-profit community interest company, but we have also applied to the Charity Commission to establish a linked charity, so we're planning for there to be two organisations in a small group.
- Accountancy (part qualified)
- Financial management
- Sympathy with the aims of the organisation
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding and experience of bookkeeping sufficient to be able to set up office systems
- Accuracy in entering transactions and checking reconciliation
- Ability and willingness to engage with HMRC around National Insurance and other taxes, including completing online submissions
- Ability to use computer systems such as Excel and email
What impact the opportunity will have
This position will be very important in helping us ensure that we are a properly run organisation and that we can plan and manage our resources so that we can help more people.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- An opportunity to set up the accounts/bookkeeping systems for an organisation from scratch
- Will make an important difference to the organisation, helping it ensure it is well organised and enabling it to help more people
- An opportunity to be part of a friendly small but growing team
Either in or out of office hours
One or two half days a month. Flexibility about which days/times.
It is envisaged that for this position, there would be enough work for one or two half days a month. If the volunteer would like something more regular there is an additional optional role which could be discussed: assisting with administration of our debt advice service. This would involve sending offers of payment to banks and other creditors, checking case progress and chasing creditors, and liaising with clients and informing them of responses.
Thanks for considering this opportunity.