Skills-based volunteers can bring in specialist expertise to your organisation, increase your capacity and deliver projects. But it can be tricky to define what you want the volunteer to do if you are unfamiliar with the area of expertise. To help you get started, we are creating a Project Library with project templates, inspiration and guidance.
We are starting with digital skills, because it is one of the most requested skill areas on our service, and the least understood. We will roll it out to other skills areas soon. In the Project Library you will find:
- Sample Projects - Use and adapt our sample projects to create your own volunteering opportunity. Each example gives you an overview of the project, why it is needed, who is involved (including a role template), how long it will take, and links to where you can find out more.
- Role templates - For each sample project, you can download a detailed role template related to that project that you can tailor to suit your organisation.
- Advice from an expert - Find out what would be involved in a project or talk to an expert about your brief. Adapt our ready-made project template to find a volunteer with the right expertise to talk through your challenge and help get you to the next step.
- Volunteers ready to help - At a glance, explore the volunteers on our platform who have the relevant skills that are ready and waiting to help good causes like yours.
- Inspiration - See what other charities are doing by taking a look at live roles on our platform.
- Volunteers in action - Read stories of how volunteers in that particular skills area have transformed charities.
As we develop the Project Library, it will cover other areas including Communications and Marketing, Creative Services and Finance.
We hope that you find this new resource useful and that makes it easier for you to embark on your skills-based volunteering journey. As always, we would love to hear your feedback on our new Project Library. To share your thoughts, please email email@example.com.