All boards must have a Chair and a Treasurer. These post holders play a crucial role in ensuring that your charity is well governed, and recruiting the right people will make a huge difference to your board.
Trustees hold joint responsibility for governance, but boards often have trustee roles with a specific focus, and which require a particular skill set.
We have created some model role descriptions to help you recruit to these positions. They are generic descriptions – so please use them as a starting point and adapt them to the needs your particular board.
- Chair model role description (Word, 45KB)
- Treasurer model role description (Word, 51KB)
- HR Trustee model role description (Word, 27KB)
- Marketing, Communications and PR Trustee role decription (Word, 27KB)
- Fundraising Trustee roledescription (Word, 38KB)
- Campaigning and Political Activity Trustee model description (Word, 30KB)
- Digital trustee role description