You may wish to take down your opportunity temporarily – if you are going on holiday or if you want to put a pause on recruitment for any reason – in which case you can suspend the opportunity. If you are finished recruiting, you should close the opportunity.
Why suspend your opportunity
Suspending your opportunity allows you to remove it from the site temporarily. You may wish to do this if
- You will be on holiday and unable to acknowledge applications
- You have received some applications and don’t want to receive any more until you’ve reviewed your current potential volunteers
- Changes in your organisation’s priorities mean you need to put a pause on recruiting
How to suspend your opportunity
- If you are logged in, go to your dashboard by clicking “your account” at the top right of the screen. Otherwise, log in and you should be taken straight to your dashboard.
- Go to “Manage opportunities”
- Find the opportunity you wish to suspend. You can only suspend roles with an Available status.
- Click the “Suspend” button (the one with the clock!).
- When you are ready to reactivate your role (put it back online) click the “Activate” button (the one with the green check box.) Or, if you are finished recruiting for the role, click the Close button (the one with red x) and this will bring the role down for good.