Who can post an opportunity?
You must have joined the Reach community and either registered your organisation, or joined an existing organisation in the community. If you think your organisation may be already registered, please don’t hesitate to contact us, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3943 9901 to find out.
What type of opportunity can I post?
Reach specialises in skills-based volunteer opportunities and are the largest supplier of trustees to charity boards in the sector. Our volunteers join the community to find opportunities to use their professional skills. Because of this, we only allow opportunities that require three years professional experience.
Still not sure if Reach is the right place to post your opportunity? Our criteria should help.
How do I post an opportunity
- Log into your account and go to your dashboard by clicking My Account at the top right of the screen.
- Once in your dashboard, under the Opportunities title, click on the Upload new opportunity option.
- You will need to confirm that your opportunity requires three years professional experience. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to call us at 033 0016 3423. Select what type of opportunity you are posting from the list provided and click on the ‘next step’ button.
- Complete all the fields on the Opportunity Upload form.
- You can save a draft of the opportunity before submitting it, with the Save for later button at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, if you have completed all of the form you can submit if for us to review using the Submit. If there are any problems with the form, they will be listed at the top and in the form in red.
- When you submit your opportunity, our team will review it before it goes live on our site. We will aim to be in touch within two working days to confirm your submission or with any follow up questions. If there is a fee payable to post the opportunity, we will be in touch at this time.
When your opportunity is posted, it will appear on our site and a number of partner sites such as LinkedIn.
Volunteers can then apply or ask a question. You will receive an email notification when this happens, and you can log in to your dashboard to reply.
You can also search our community for volunteers who you think may be suitable and message them to suggest they apply for your role.
When you receive any questions or applications, please reply to the volunteer as soon as possible. Volunteers expect a reply within a day or two and our community agreement requires you to reply within 5 days. Our guide to applications details the application process further.
Use your dashboard to keep Reach up-to-date with your role.
If you fill the opportunity with a volunteer from Reach, please mark the conversation as Placed. And if the opportunity is no longer available, be sure to close it down.